Erica Timothy, Director
Erica is a talented artist and ceramicist whose fluid design forms inform her landscape and architectural work. She is passionate about good design and plays a pivotal role in the Practice. As the landscape director of Timothy Associates, Erica is responsible for all detailed landscape design work in the practice. She also has extensive experience in architecture, space-planning, interior design, graphics, and all forms of media presentation. She ensures an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to all our work.
Timothy Associates was successful in winning a design competition to create new memorial garden in London’s Hyde Park to commemorate the millions of enslaved Africans whose lives were sacrificed by the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. This will be the first national memorial garden of its kind.
Erica’s ceramic work has informed her design work for projects within the practice and she designed the bespoke conical planters that are placed on the forecourt of the new Premier Inn hotel in Lewisham.
Specific landscape commissions for Timothy Associates, and projects where landscape architecture was a key discipline have included:
• Windmill Hill Business Park (Client St Martins development Corporation) - landscaping of 3 sites in a new business park including the creation of a new lake;
• 'Africa Lake' in Accra, Ghana. This project was led by the masterplanning for the site which was a mixed use development including residential, hotel, sports and leisure complex around a re-modelled lake;
• Mount York, Freetown Peninsular, Sierra Leone - masterplan for ‘eco-tourist’ development;
• Numerous housing regeneration projects in London
Erica has also played a significant roles in the project management of a number of architectural projects including phase II of the Stonebridge Estate housing project and the Murray Town Prosthetics Centre.
Previous professional achievements in landscape architecture include:
• Roof gardens at The Barbican in London - detailed hard landscape design & contract administration
• Gardens at the Tate Gallery (now Tate Britain) - soft landscape design
• Interior landscaping at Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre- detailed design & contract administration
• Town centre pedestrianisation at Hemel Hempstead - urban design
• Urban design and masterplanning in Baghdad and Tripoli